Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Why Paris?

Just a short entry in my pre-Paris countdown (I haven't actually counted the days).  Why am I so fascinated with Paris?  It's not the wine, because I don't drink.  It's not the cuisine, because I'm really not a gourmet.  Well, I enjoy a nice meal and I do look forward to les escargots, beaucoup de fromage, creme broulet.  You see, it's the language.  I fell in love with le Francais so long ago.  I took a conversational French class at the local university when I was 12.  I studied it in high school for all four years and college for two.  I read Marcel Proust in French.  J'aime le Francais.  Sort of the way Elizabeth loved Italian in Eat, Pray, Love.  So this evening I got out my French CDs and practiced for about an hour.  My favorite French word today - arrondissement.  C'est beau.  Au revoir pour aujourdui.

1 comment: